Reading Thai is the first app to give a complete introduction to the Thai script. If you want to actually start reading real words in Thai, then this is the app for you. Learn how syllables are constructed and learn how each component of a syllable affects it’s sound. You’ll learn over 350 vocabulary words and hear each word spoken by a native Thai.
Reading Thai includes:
- All 44 consonants and their classes.
- Different sounds made at the beginning and end of syllables for each letter.
- Images to illustrate each consonant’s full name.
- Long and short vowels with alternate forms.
- Tone and punctuation marks and their uses.
- Thai numerals.
- Rules for determining tones of syllables.
- Rules for letter combination and irregular words.
- Phonics-style reading practice with audio.
Read signs and menus in Thai on your next trip to Thailand! Make your life as an ex-pat in Thailand easier with reading skills! Say goodbye forever to “karaoke” Thai and flawed transliteration schemes! Get your sounds and tones right every time by reading Thai in Thai!
Now available for use on the iPhone and iPod Touch.